> To Knit is Divine: Hmmm... decisions decisions

Sunday, July 23, 2006

Hmmm... decisions decisions

I'm not sure what to do about my Mystery Stole. I'm not happy with it. I've looked at pictures of others' stoles, and they look so much crisper and nicer than mine. I'm not sure what the problem is... the yarn maybe (a lot of people are using Zephyr. I'm using Alpaca Cloud, which is quite hairy) or maybe my knitting is just too loose and uneven. I got frustrated with it yesterday evening, but just left it alone for the night (I've learned not to make knitting decisions after dark... never a good thing). I need to make a decision today on what to do with it.

4 Comments:

Blogger Catherine said...

I rather like the ephemeral feel of your stole so far! Of course, you must please yourself, but don't feel the need too do as everyone else does. If you want crisp, go crisp -- but the Alpaca Cloud makes a heavenly version, as well. Me, I joined the Mystery Stole Along but haven't gotten farther than my swatching, because I am trying to make another stole for my boyfriend's daughte's wedding in August. I am so impressed with your and everyone's progress!

11:37 AM  
Anonymous Cathy aka Oldcrow said...

Leanne new blog looks great, I just signed up for mine but have not made it yet.

Your slole will be beautiful in the soft Alpaca Cloud, love the colour.

Hugs,

Cathy in Niagara

11:38 AM  
Blogger Leanne said...

Thanks for the encouragement! I think I'll keep going. I'm sure it will turn out lovely, once it's finished and blocked.

And Cathy - let me know when you get your blog up and running, I'll be sure to come and visit!

12:14 PM  
Anonymous Stephanie/TX said...

I think your stole is lovely. The alpaca cloud looks fine in the pictures. I would stick with it a little longer before making any rash decisions.

I'm knitting my stole in Zypher but I want to do another one in Alpaca Cloud as well.

Namaste'

2:42 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home