> To Knit is Divine: Lovely Lorna's Laces

Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Lovely Lorna's Laces

Lots of little odds and ends today. I'm writing this before I leave for work, so I'll see how much I have time for. Anything I don't get to will have to wait for another day. Wednesday is the only day I have time in the mornings - a couple of months ago I started exercising in the mornings before work, except for Wednesdays which is my weekly rest day. I'm loving exercising, but I must say I'm also loving my Wednesday mornings :-)

So, onto the knitting content. First off - I received this in the mail on Monday:



Isn't it lovely! It's Lorna's Laces Shepherd Sock in the Tuscany colourway. Yummy! I received this from Norma as a prize for her mnemonic contest. It was fun receiving yarn in the mail that I hadn't purchased. I'm looking forward to turning these into a lovely pair of socks - but there are a couple of pairs ahead of it in the queue, so meanwhile I'll just admire it!

I'm nearing the end of the Mystery Stole - then name of which is no longer a mystery. It's called Scheherazade. I'm have finished the border on one end, and am now on the second. Here's a picture of it at the end of Clue 5, before doing the last few rows and starting the border.




The sides will be straight when I block it. For the pictures I just pinned it out roughly. I've never blocked something this big before. I worry that I won't be able to keep the sides straight just using pins. I've read about using co
tton string to block, so I'm going to have to do a bit of research into that and try it out. I think that would work best. Any advice would be most welcome!

I did finish another Garterlac dishcloth:



Time's up. Off to work I go. Ta-ta.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home