> To Knit is Divine: Scheherazade Unveiled (Continued)

Thursday, August 24, 2006

Scheherazade Unveiled (Continued)

As promised, here are some more photos



The doubled-over blocking worked fine, except for leaving a crease in the centre, as you can see in this next picture. I will pin out the centre part and steam the crease out. That should work fine.













Of course, what would "fashion shots" be without a couple of the stole being worn. Canada's next top model I ain't :-)





Don't all fashion shoots come complete with a half a dog and a frisbee?

And to close, some close up detail. Mmmmm.



Pattern: Scheherazade (aka Mystery Stole 2), soon available for purchase from Pink Lemon Twist
Yarn: KnitPicks Alpaca Cloud, Moss Colourway - 3 skeins
Needles: Knitpicks Classic Circular, 3.25mm (US 3)

In other yarn news, I stopped by Wool-Tyme today, as they are having a warehouse sale. I didn't buy anything in the sale, but I did pick up some Manos del Uruguay, colour 105 today. I blame Dave.






But I'm not casting on anything until my Knitpicks Options set arrives. I know, I have a big box full of needles, but I find lately that I can't stand knitting on straight needles anymore. I can knit for hours on bamboo or nickle-plated circular needles or dpns, but anything else makes my hands ache.

6 Comments:

Blogger Dave said...

That shawl is absolutely gorgeous -- well done! When I saw the picture of you blocking it in halves, I wondered about a crease ... but I see you were two steps ahead of me :-)

5:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Leanne,

The shawl is beautiful. And you're right about the dog in the photo shoots. Except it's usually the front half. But, then maybe most back halves aren't as good as your dog's. (grin)

8:12 PM  
Blogger tonni said...

Beautiful stole! I'm still on the last clue and haven't started on the edging yet... How did you like knitting with the alpaca cloud? I bought some in the peppermint colorway and the skein is ooohhh sooo soft. I'm loving this moss color of your shawl. Although, different monitors show colors differently. Does it have more of a sage or a olive tint? It looks more like a medium/dark sage on my screen. Lovely! Your fashion shots are great. Haven't had the nerve to do fashion shots myself :)

8:34 PM  
Blogger Leanne said...

Tonni - the colour of the Moss Alpaca Cloud is more of an olive than a sage. The indoor pictures earlier are a bit closer to the true colour than the outdoor pictures.

I really like the Alpaca Cloud. It's very soft and easy to work with. I'll definitely buy more of it - you sure can't beat the price too.

9:00 PM  
Blogger Melanie said...

Its beautiful! The folded blocking idea was genius! Glad you enjoyed it.

7:42 AM  
Blogger sadie said...

that is wonderful, I cast on for this shawl, but didn't love it so it was abandoned.I kept up with the KAL, and now that i have seen your pic, I will do it someday.On a person photos make the difference with shawls I think.Well done!

12:48 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home