> To Knit is Divine: Orange you a great secret pal!

Friday, October 20, 2006

Orange you a great secret pal!

Sorry for the bad title pun, but I received my first package yesterday from my SP9 Secret Pal and it's full of orangy goodness.




All I know about my pal is that she
lives in Toronto and that she read my questionnaire very carefully! (I'm assuming she's a she, based on percentages alone!) I said in my blog that my favourite colour is orange, and she sure delivered. I also said I like purple, but I don't wear it. Everything was wrapped in purple tissue paper, with little notes on them written in purple pen! So here's what I got:



3 big (225g) balls of Eco-fil, Recycled earth-friendly yarn (75% cotton, 25% acrylic), in a great shade of orange. I think
it wants to become a Kitchen Sink Bag. It will likely also become some dishcloths. Any other suggestions for what I could make with this?



A great orange make-up bag that will be perfect for carrying my knitting notions and dpns when I travel. Right now I use a pencil case, but there are two problems with it. 1) it only has one pocket, so everything gets jumbled together and harder to find and 2) it's not orange :-). The case my pal sent will be perfect!



an orange rope bone for Macha (she sent a gift for Macha - how sweet is that!)



a yarn separator, for knitting Fair Isle



and the piece de resistance, an adorable little stuffed jack-o-lantern, knit by my secret pal herself. Very cool! It is now sitting on my computer and will likely stay there long after Hallowe'en is over.

She also sent some medicine and a card included with an orange sweater on the front. In her note she said that she hoped she hadn't gone overboard on the colour theme. No indeed. Anyone who knows me in real life can tell you that I really do love orange that much!

Thanks Secret Pal! I sure snagged myself a good one :-). I, on the other hand, have been a bad secret pal. I've written my giftee to let him know I'm out there, but I haven't yet put together a package. I will get on that soon so he doesn't feel neglected.

As for the scarf swap, both the scarf I sent and the scarf I'm receiving are in the mail. Speaking of the scarf I sent, I've written up the pattern and will be making it available here, but I want to wait until my swapee receives it first. It should arrive in the next few days.


3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, that is a lot of orange! But it's all so pretty. I actually like orange quite a bit too, it might even be my second favorite color!
- ISE Pal

8:59 AM  
Anonymous Your Secret Pal said...

Awwww, I'm so glad you like all the treats I sent! And the kitchen sink bag looks like the perfect pattern for that yarn! I'm especially pleased that you like the pumpkin, since I made him myself. I also have one up on my monitor! They seem to fit well there.

12:53 PM  
Anonymous Andrea said...

Very cool gifts from your secret pal. I especially like the pumpkin! Do you think your pal would share the pattern for that one?

9:51 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home