> To Knit is Divine: Scarves have been exchanged

Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Scarves have been exchanged

Well, the International Scarf Exchange has now come to an end for me. I have received my scarf and the scarf I sent has been received.

I received a lovely thick, warm, soft Alpaca scarf in the perfect colour for me, some yarn and some chocolate from Becky. I haven't had a chance to take a picture yet - I will do that over the weekend (well, of the scarf and yarn at least. The chocolate is, ummm, gone!).

And the package I sent was received by Phyllis. I loved being her secret pal! When I first read her blog after we were paired up, I read that she had a postcard collection with postcards from every continent except Africa and Antartica. Well, I couldn't do much about Antartica, but I read that a few days before heading off to Mozambique. Buying and sending postcards along the way was lots of fun! And if anyone is heading to Antartica, please send Phyllis a postcard :-)

As for the scarf I sent, I had a few requests to share the pattern. I have written it up, and will make it available for download (as a .pdf) as soon as I get the time to do so. Definitely by the weekend, if not before. So check back in a few days.

The International Scarf Exchange was the first exchange I participated in, and certainly won't be my last. I really enjoyed it!

And speaking of exchanges, I have a request for my SP9 Secret Pal. My friend Andrea (blogless, sadly, but I'm working on her!) left a comment for you on my post about the gifts I received from you. She would love to have the pattern for the pumpkin you sent me. For that matter, I'd love to have the pattern too. Is this a pattern you created? If so, could you send it to me by email and I'll pass it on to Andrea. Or if it's a pattern you found, please leave a comment letting me know where you found it. Thanks a bunch!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Your Secret Pal said...

Ask and ye shall receive. Sorry I missed the request from Andrea, she posted after me :(

I got the pattern from Curly Purly at
http://www.curlypurly.com/pumpkin.html

and thats the one I used for your pumpkin, then a friend gave me this pattern which is also quite nice. Once is more fun, the other more decorative.

http://woolwindings.blogspot.com/2006/09/pumpkin-patch.html

12:58 PM  
Anonymous Andrea said...

Dear Leanne's secret pal,

Thanks so much for sending the patterns! I am planning to make one this weekend, in time for Hallowe'en. I think I'll do the same one you made for now, and maybe try the felted one in the future.

11:43 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home