> To Knit is Divine: I laugh in the face of grafting

Tuesday, November 07, 2006

I laugh in the face of grafting

Muhahahaha

So today during my lunchtime knitting club at work, I took out the messy grafting job from yesterday and started again. Having finally figured out which way the yarn needed to go to graft garter stitch, it was like I was channelling Elizabeth Zimmermann herself. Without hesitation the needle went in and out of each stitch and before you knew it, I had this:



(Don't you love the circle and arrows. Very Alice's Restaurant.)

So, in way more time than it would have taken to rip out and re-knit the 36 rows of 14 stitches, the two front pieces now match, and I can move onto the hood and sleeves.



And next time I'm faced with an error that can be fixed by grafting, I'll tackle it with confidence!

Spreading the news

In case you haven't heard, the Yarn Harlot herself is coming to Ottawa on Thursday (yup, day after tomorrow). She'll be at the Yarn Forward Bank Street store for a book signing from 2-4, and then at the Kanata store for a talk/signing at 7-9. Now, I've never been much for being a star-struck groupie, but I love her blog and I love her books and I must go see her. Since those people who pay me every two weeks expect me to be in the office on Thursday afternoons, it looks like I'll be heading out to Kanata. As I am car-less, I will be heading out on the bus - unless there is anyone driving out who could give me a lift. If so, please let me know.

Any Ottawa bloggers going (Dave? Paula? Anyone else who I don't know about who reads my blog?) If so, I would love to meet you.

5 Comments:

Blogger Paula said...

Unfortunately I also have to work during the day and I'm teaching at the Bank Street store Thursday evening, so I can't make it to either location. Sorry.

9:17 PM  
Blogger Dave said...

I can't go either; I'll be working. Guess you're "representing"!

12:15 AM  
Blogger Dave said...

Great grafting, by the way! :-)

12:16 AM  
Blogger Natalie Servant said...

I'm in Ottawa, but since I'm way out in Kanata I'm no use to you at all. Love the Travelling Roses Lace Scarf pattern, btw. Looks like I need more Misti Alpaca.

12:40 PM  
Anonymous Your Secret Pal said...

EXCELLENT JOB!! just for the record I'm a big grafting chicken, i really havent mastered it yet, you are definatley worthy of the great EZ's praise herself. Ohhh, I'm jealous you get to meet the harlot. I have all her books and have never been able to get her to sign one, i'm always working when she is in my 'hood :(

9:23 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home