> To Knit is Divine: An important anniversary for me

Saturday, November 11, 2006

An important anniversary for me

Three years ago today, on November 11, 2003, I quit smoking. It was one of the hardest things I have ever done, and I am still incredibly proud of myself for this.

If you smoke and want to quit, or have recently quit and are struggling, do yourself a favour and go visit QuitSmokingSupport.com, and even more importantly, that site’s message board, affectionately known as Blairsville (named after the founder, Blair). There are lots of support sites out there, but you won’t find a more friendly, caring, supportive group of people anywhere. This site was my lifeline early in my quit. Go there. Your life will thank you.

5 Comments:

Anonymous kathy in juneau said...

Way to go!! Congratulations!

1:42 PM  
Anonymous Paula said...

Thank you for quitting. It saddens me beyond words when friends smoke.

2:11 PM  
Anonymous Your Secret Pal said...

A hearty congratulation to you. I quit 16 months ago and havent looked back. My DH FINALLY joined me and is now in his third week smoke free. A topic very close to our hearts in this house. Never stop being proud of yourself! Every day is an accomplishment. Cheers!

8:31 AM  
Blogger stitch-dom said...

Wonderful Leanne! A terrific gift to yourself! You should be very proud.

8:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations Leanza!

12:53 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home