> To Knit is Divine: Ottawa knitters

Sunday, November 19, 2006

Ottawa knitters

I know this is a few days late, but last Wednesday I went to the Ottawa SnB Knit Night for the first time. Who knew there were so many fun knitters in Ottawa? I had a fabulous time and will definitely be going back. Although I took my camera, I didn’t take any pictures – but there’s a picture of the group over on Sarah’s blog, so go see that.

Speaking of Sarah, although she’s not in the picture on her blog, I already have a picture of her on mine, although I didn’t know it. Remember this picture from my Yarn Harlot post?


I didn't know who she was at the time, but now I know that it was Sarah. But she doesn’t always have that look on her face!

Wednesday evening I had a great time chatting with Lynne, who convinced me to check out the Ottawa Knitting Guild meeting on Monday. So I’m going to head there tomorrow, and will then decide if I want to join the guild. After 2 years of playing Everquest and 1 year of playing World of Warcraft (which I quit playing a year ago, thus freeing up way more knitting time), the whole “joining a guild” thing makes me think more of gaming than of knitting. I wonder if this guild does raids.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Paula said...

Funny, I've been going to knitting guild meetings for about 4 or 5 years I think, but didn't know there was a Wednesday night SnB in the Glebe. Can you email me the particulars? I look forward to seeing you live and in person at tomorrow's meeting.

Now if we could just get Dave to come ...

3:25 PM  
Blogger stitch-dom said...

Ah ha - Sarah of the super gorgeous Noro sweater!!! I kept wanting to drag her aside and tell her how much I liked it! But we all know how good I am at stuff like that...

3:00 PM  
Blogger Heather said...

As a WoW player myself, I found this hilarious ;)

I'm sorry I missed the SnB this month. Looks like we had a great turn out. If your interested, there's a Westboro meet this Friday. It's at the Bridgehead on Wellington, near Holland.

10:01 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home